Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about Website Design?
Hey, congrats on publishing your first book! And kudos on setting up your website and getting your brand on point.
Once you send me an email saying you're interested in a website and give me some basic info, I will give you a complementary website design proposal. This will include the colors, typography, web pages and overall look I recommend for your website.
If you already have a brand and logo- fantastic! I will work off your current logo, colors, typography, etc. to make sure your website reflects your brand.
If not, don't worry. We can create an awesome logo and brand and once we tweak it so that you are in love, we will build the website from there!
I will walk you through finding a website host, buying your domain name and from there I will build your website right on your hosted domain.
Once it's complete (and we will check in tons during the process), I give you an hour long tutorial to walk you through how to use your website so you feel 100% confident.
I will also provide you with a branded graphic for you to share on social media where you can announce your new website. I'll also promote the hell out of you because *yay* you have a new website!
Here is the process for us working together on your website.
- You send me an email telling me you're interested.
- I get giddy with excitement and respond with a few questions. Expect to be asked about your current website, inspiration sites you love, and what your goals are.
- From your answers, I will build you a customized quote and send it back over to you for review. This includes a timeline of when to expect your website and a quote for the overall project.
- You respond and send feedback. If you feel like it's a good fit, you submit a deposit and I get to work!
- I will either build a website on a subdomain of your site, or build it on my server. I will keep checking in to make sure you love the design and its aligned with your brand and vision.
- Once we mutually agree that we've got an amazing, gorgeous site I will ask for the remaining balance.
- Once I receive the final payment, we will schedule a time where we can review your site and I can train you on how to use it. You will become a WordPress Master Goddess.
- From there, you can hire me on for monthly maintenance or use me at my hourly billable rate. Or you may never need me again- I promise I won't be offended!
There you go: 8 steps to an awesome website!
I work exclusively with WordPress hosted websites.
I love Beaver Builder because it is a click and drag interface, meaning if you want to change something- all you gotta do is click on it. It's SO easy to use.
I maintain the license on all the above, so you do get the benefit of having it on your website but do not own the license.
I will ask for a deposit of $400 to start working. Only when the website is done will I ask for the remaining balance. And once I receive that, I will officially hand over the reigns by giving you a one hour hands on tutorial and all usernames and passwords.
If you're looking for a more "hands off" option, we can discuss my monthly retainer services.
Unfortunately I do not. Websites are expensive for a reason. This is your number 1 selling tool after all.
I create highly customized professional websites that are SEO optimized. Hours upon hours of labor and love go into your website.
But hey, send me a note and we can work out an affordable payment plan option so you can work toward getting the website of your dreams!
I am always accessible via email, and will always aim to respond to your email within 24 hours.
I also don't mind if you feel more comfortable connecting via phone, or even video chat- just give me a heads up so I can brush my hair, please.
Once we both agree your website is 100% done and to your satisfaction, any additional changes will come at an additional charge.
BUT if there is an error I've made that needs to be rectified because hey, we're all human, I'm on it!
Questions about Book Covers?
Premade covers are a great, affordable way to have an amazing cover.
For my premades, we can customize the title and your author name. We can also add a tag line and/or series name.
Font color and in some instances, typography, can also be changed.
Looking to change hair color, eye color or clothing? That will come at an additional cost- but shoot me an email and let's talk it through!
Here's a few things you need to know about stock photos:
- You may see the same model(s) on your book cover on other covers. We designers license stock photos but we don't license them exclusively. If we did that, your book cover would be a lot more expensive. So, you may see your cover models on other book covers. I always create original book covers, however, so even if you see them your book cover will remain unique.
- If you sell over 500,000 copies of your book (and woah, congrats!), you will need to purchase an Extended License. Get in touch with me and I will help you through that. It does come at an additional cost.
So once you email me letting me know you're in the market for a custom cover, I will write back with some questions like:
- What is your vision for your cover?
- What kind of model(s) do you want on your cover?
- What is your genre?
- What tone are you trying to convey with your cover (suspense, vacation romance, humor)?
- What do your characters look like?
- What covers are you in love with that you would like for inspiration?
And a few more questions, too.
From there, I will ask for a deposit to get started designing.
Then I'll send over some mock-ups for you to look through. You send honest feedback and we tweak til its perfect!
Once you love it, I will send you an invoice for the remaining balance and then give you the Dropbox link for you to download!
Questions about Social Media Management?
Social Media Management
Social media changes all the time. And which social media reigns supreme? Yeah, you guessed it- that changes all the time, too.
Still, there are a few monoliths that are still hanging in there and you should invest in: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Facebook is where you want to be to find your customers and your audience.
Instagram is where you show off the goods- connect with your audience in a more visual way.
Twitter is for making those fast connections and real-time responses. Plus, Twitter is super fun. #dontdenyit
Once we decide to partner together. we will discuss all the different ways we can bring your brand to social media, or elevate its presence - including a deep dive into what platforms we should focus our energy on, and which ones can take a back seat (I'm looking at you Snapchat!)
What I post depends on what your business is, and what your brand voice is.
I focus on posting relevant and engaging content that will get your followers talking and sharing.
This might be a funny meme, or sharing an interesting article from the NY Times your followers may be interested in. It could be a quiz, or even a poll. Or it could be pictures of your dog because, hey, everyone loves a good pooch pic.
While I can definitely create and curate all your content- where's the fun in that? After all, your brand= your voice.
I would love to include pics of your workspace, product or even your snaps from your daily life. Social media is more than just soft sales - it's all about relationships. And since we haven't completely mind-melded yet, I may need some help from you in sending over some fun pics, ideas or even quotes that we can incorporate into your social media plan.
We typically will post 3-5 times a week. If you have any sales or launches, we post more to drum up excitement.
Also, we don't automate our posts so that a messy, cut-off URL also posts to Twitter and your other social media. That looks just so meh.
We also strive to create reusable, evergreen content that you can continue to use over and over and over and over!
I send out invoices for social media marketing at the beginning of the month, or whenever we start working together.
At this time, I will also perform a social media audit so we have an understanding of our baseline.
I promise social media management and is (dare I say it!?) pain-free!
- You let me know you want to hire me on, and for how long. I do require a 1 month minimum commitment.
- I send you an invoice.
- We discuss - via email, Skype, phone, pigeon carrier- whatever floats your boat- your brand, your goals and what has worked well in the past and what could work better.
- I do a social media audit. I figure out our baseline of where we're starting.
- I create a content calendar of curated and created posts for the month and run it by you for feedback. If you have a release, we discuss release strategy.
- Once you sign-on and love it, I work on creating the actual content and graphics.
- I post it!
- And then I spend time engaging - on your behalf - with your followers, fostering relationships with other influencers and getting your post the most attention.